Monday, February 17, 2014

San Valentino - Valentines Day in Verona!


My weekend started off with Verona’s San Valentino festivities. Being in the city of love, Valentines Day was a huge deal. There were a plethora of tourist (which was actually nice since I didn’t feel as foreign as usual) and of course, tons and tons of chocolate! Basically, I was in heaven.  There was an entire strip along Piazza Bra filled with at least twenty different chocolate kiosks, everything was made our of chocolate. I bought a few to try and they were delicious. My favorite was a coffee flavored chocolate. YUMMY.









On top of the exciting events in the city center, the weather on Friday was gorgeous! I was so happy to see bright shining sun, clear sky, and barely needed a jacket. Spring is in Verona! I went on a quick run before we left for our weekend trip and spotted the mountains, it was breath taking. The pictures don’t do it justice, but I promise you it was quite a site to see!



No comments: