Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rainy Thursday Adventures

It has been a rainy couple of days, but rain or shine, I am making the most of this trip. I have discovered my new favorite red wine! We picked up a few different reds and whites at the Eurosbar this past weekend and we opened this specific wine it last night and I am obsessed! Its Cabernet from the Venice area. I'm definitely expanding my palette here and it's so exciting especially since the food here is a perfect complement to wine.

Another love of mine is Nutella. It is replacing peanut butter for me during the four month stay in Italy, and I could not have asked for a better alternative! 
Today after Italian class, we went to a great cafĂ© called Bottega Del Dersut. I had the best coffee here in all of Italy so far. It was a great pick me up for the rest of the day as well. 



For lunch, we headed to Bella Napoli, a pizzeria that is supposedly the best in Verona. And that it was! It will be a favorite spot to get pizza for sure. My roommates and I split an asparagus pizza with coke smoked ham, we could have gone for seconds, but maybe next time. 
Bon Appetit! 

It is such a scenic town here in Verona. The street that leads to our apartment, Via Marconi, is filled with shops, restaurants, bars and on top of these business's are gorgeous apartments. I can't wait to explore more later this week!


3 comments:

MJD said...

Lindsay,

Food, wine, shops and great dining and historic tours.

Wow, sounds great!

Do you have time to do homework?

Love you,

Uncle Mike

MJD said...

Lindsay,

Your pictures are amazing! I loved the story about the arch and how you discovered its meaning.

So many pictures of food! This reminds me of Colin when he went to China. He came home with many pictures of food. He didn't like the food in China. In his senior year when he went to Italy with the wind ensemble he loved the Italian food just like you.

Do take care.

Love,

Uncle Mike

Lindsay Ryan said...

Uncle Mike,
The food is very cool here, we are all splurging a bit now to find all the good restaurants so it has been fun!
And don't worry, I am making time for homework!

Love, Lindsay