Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Dream Continues

The past two days have been gorgeous! Clear sky, sunny, and 50+ degrees, its heaven. 

I've been exploring more things in the town that I never knew existed until yesterday and everything I've seen before looks completely different when its touched with sunlight. I discovered you can see part of the Alps above the buildings right outside our apartment. Pictures don't do justice, but i swear its there.


Class has been going well, i'm learning a lot of Italian in the past two weeks, surprisingly. My favorite class is Italian Opera, we will be seeing two performances this semester which will be so fun!


Yesterday was my first day volunteering, and I am obsessed with my position! I am working for Club Di Giulietta, an organization that receives thousands of letters a month from all around the world writing to "Juliet" seeking love advice. It was so fun to read about others love lives and their problems because they are relatable to everyone. I love writing back as "Juliet" and hopefully giving good advice… not that I have much credibility but hey, a girl can dream.


This upcoming Sunday I will be attending my first soccer game! Hellas Verona is the soccer team that I will be rooting for when we play Roma at the Verona stadium. I bought a blue and yellow scarf to fit in -- fingers crossed-- with the actual Hellas fans. 


I tired a calzone today for lunch and it was amazing! I got a ham, ricotta and artichoke stuffed spinach calzone.. I know I like the weirdest combination of foods, but it was actually delicious. The man who worked at this pizzeria, called Doge, said they sell foods for American's and German's that visit. So I guess it isn't as Italian as I thought it would be but I can't pass up a bit of home every once in a while. Nom nom nom!


No comments: